Thursday, December 4, 2008

Week 2 Plastic Waste

Here's the weekly tally. Some of this was discarded pre-pledge but is being taken out now:
  • Cap tab from 1/2 and 1/2
  • 2 clear/2 foil packs from Annie's Organic Mac-n-cheese
  • Carefree panty liner bag, and a few liners (plastic backing) and wrappers
  • Wrapper for McVitties Digestive Crackers
  • Ball of packing tape found when cleaning under the bed
  • Plastic grocery bag, used as a kitchen trash bag
  • A few plastic window envelopes
  • A Swiss Miss cocoa powder envelope
I'm looking into alternatives to the panty liners and will post about that later. We use grocery bags to line the kitchen trash can-- I don't think my roommate will want to go without. The cocoa envelope might not contain plastic, but it probably does. My hands were cold at work today and I really wanted some, so I caved.

No comments: