Thursday, March 5, 2009

Pasta problem


I love pasta. I do. I eat a lot of it. Pasta is cheap, easy and delicious. But I have a problem.

I'm down to my last 2 boxes of spaghetti and can't find pasta that doesn't come without plastic in New York City.

Oh sure, I could try making it from scratch. But that would defeat the whole cheap, easy and delicious premise. Homemade pasta is a pain in the rear and it just isn't as good as when you leave it to the experts and their industrial machinery.

Apparently bulk sections in other cities have some pasta selections, but not in NYC that I have seen.

Solutions, anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bummer. We have bulk pasta available in the SF Bay Area. Surprisingly, Whole Foods does not carry it. The only past they have in bulk is couscous, if you can count that as pasta. But our local natural foods stores have a ton of bulk pastas of all shapes and sizes. Maybe you just have to ask for it.